We are pleased to announce the 5th Annual MPOG/ASPIRE Retreat*
Date: Friday, October 21, 2016
Location: Chicago Marriott Magnificent Mile, 540 N. Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611
Registration Fees: Breakfast and lunch are included in registration
$100: Any Michigan Hospital (Blue Cross Blue Shield Michigan Subsidized)
$200: Non-Michigan Hospital CME Included
$150: Non-Michigan Hospital CME Not Included
Intended Audience: Clinicians, quality improvement staff, researchers and technical staff
CME: The University of Michigan Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The University of Michigan Medical School designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Morning Session: Chicago Ballroom - 5th Floor
Following this activity, physicians will be able to:
- Understand anesthesiology quality improvement measures implemented in 2016, and make plans for quality improvement measures to be implemented in 2017
- Create a partnership between anesthesia providers and payers to improve quality of patient care delivered
- Describe overall quality measure performance of participating ASPIRE sites
- Describe upcoming plans for ASPIRE
- Implement a real performance improvement program to improve patient care
- Understand challenges in measuring provider performance
- Understand issues with Data Quality in MPOG/ASPIRE and implement plans to remedy
- Understand data integration to practice transformation
- Understand the virtuous cycle from performance improvement to clinical research
- Understand the best of MPOG research and quality improvement abstracts
- Understand the Michigan opioid prescribing engagement network
As always, our annual retreat is both a networking and learning opportunity. We have a fantastic group of thought provoking lectures and educational sessions for both our research and quality improvement audiences.
In the morning, we are excited to welcome Dr. Abel Kho from Northwestern University and Dr. Chad Brummett from the University of Michigan. Our afternoon session wil have two tracks: Research and Quality Improvement.
This is a wonderful opportunity to meet with and learn from your fellow anesthesiology colleagues and members of MPOG/ASPIRE, and we hope that you will be able to join us.
If you have any questions, please contact Tory Lacca.
* Multicenter Perioperative Outcomes Group/Anesthesiology Performance Improvement and Reporting Exchange