Year 4 Recruitment
ASPIRE Year 4 Recruitment Deadlines
July 28, 2017
Applications due to ASPIRE
July 31 – August 31, 2017
Intake meeting with potential Cohort 4 hospitals
September 8, 2017
Announcement of ASPIRE Year 4 Hospitals
Hospitals chosen to participate in ASPIRE will receive funding from Blue Cross Blue Shield Michigan (BCBSM) to offset the costs associated with joining ASPIRE.
For the current funding for Michigan sites, see our Funding Michigan Sites page. Please note, funding is subject to change for 2018.
- Fill out the ASPIRE/MPOG BCBS Funded Site Application
- Submit application to Tory Lacca, ASPIRE Project Manager, by the July 28, 2017 deadline.
- Schedule an intake meeting with the ASPIRE team and representatives from the applicant hospital between July 31 and August 31, 2017. The purpose of this meeting is to determine the level of engagement of the applicant hospital's leadership and technical team. The meeting will include the following individuals:
- ASPIRE Director or ASPIRE Associate Director
- ASPIRE Technical Representative
- ASPIRE Program Manager
- ASPIRE QI Coordinator
- Anesthesiology Department Chair / Head of Practice
- ASPIRE Quality Champion
- ASPIRE IT Champion
- IT Manager
- Hospital P4P Administrator
Eligibility and Expectations
To participate in Anesthesiology Performance Improvement and Reporting Exchange (ASPIRE), a hospital must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Use an electronic health record for intraoperative anesthesiology care
- A hospital must be an existing member of MPOG or join MPOG as part of the ASPIRE application process including the regulatory / legal documentation process
- Hospitals must be a member of the Michigan Surgical Quality Collaborative (MSQC)
- Organize support and commitment from the Hospital’s Anesthesiology Chair or Anesthesiology Head of Practice
- Identify an onsite anesthesiologist to act as ASPIRE Quality Improvement (QI) Champion to affect change and oversee ASPIRE implementation and administration of ASPIRE at the hospital*
- Identify an onsite anesthesiologist to act as ASPIRE Information Technology (IT) Champion to oversee ASPIRE electronic health record (EHR) interface, this can be the same as the ASPIRE QI Champion*
- Identify an onsite anesthesiologist to act as the Principal Investigator (PI) to be the research champion at their site.*
- Identify a Database Administrator (DBA) and Database Developer Role
- This can be the same individual
- Collaborate with the ASPIRE Coordinating Center and other participating sites
*The Quality Champion, IT Champion and PI can be the same individual or assigned to different individuals and all of these roles must be identified.
Please click on the link for details of eligibility and expectation requirements.